- Vidican, Georgeta and Yasser Sherif, “Tackling Egypt’s Transformational Challenges,” The Current Column. Bonn: German Development Institute, 30 March 2015.
- Sherif, Yasser and Nayera Mohammed, “Energy conservation in construction through concrete demand management in an Egyptian context.” Paper presented at World SB14 Barcelona, Spain; 2014.
- Mohammed, Nayera and Yasser Sherif, “Retrofitting Existing Residential Buildings in Egypt,” in SB13 Cairo Sustainable Building Conference proceedings. Paper presented at SB13 Cairo, Egypt (503 – 519). Aachen: Shaker Verlag.
- Elsobky, M.S. and Yasser Sherif, “Competitiveness of Egypt’s Energy Sector,” in Green Egypt: A Vision for Tomorrow, The 7th Egyptian Competitiveness Report, edited by Noha Abdelaziz, 117-157. Cairo: The Egyptian National Competitiveness Council, 2010.
- Environics (Sherif, Yasser, et al), Sawin, Janet L. and Lisa Mastny, eds. Prospects of the Renewable Energy Sector in Egypt: Focus on Photovoltaics and Wind Energy. Cairo: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) GmbH, 2010.
- Wooders, P., Elsobky, M.S. and Sherif, Y, “Wind in Egypt, a Case Study.” Geneva: International Institute for Sustainable Development, Geneva, 2009.
- Ramadan, A.R, and Sherif Y., “Hazardous Waste Management in Egypt, Performance Indicators for Industry,” February 2008.
- Hamed, M and Sherif, Y., “Developing a Cleaner Production Strategy for Egypt,” in Proceedings of the First International Conference on Environmental Research, Technology and Policy, ERTEP; Accra, Ghana; July 2007.
- Sarwat, A.; El Kassas, H.I.; Sherif, Y. and Hassan, A.N., “Assessment of Ecological Benefits of Cleaner Production in Arab Abu Saed, south of Helwan, Egypt,” in Proceedings of the First Global Cleaner Production Conference and Exhibition, “Clean Globe 1.” Cairo: September 2006.
- Frihy, O., Hassan, A., ElSayed, W., Iskander, M. and Sherif, Y., “A Review of methods for constructing coastal recreational facilities in Egypt Red Sea,” Ecological Engineering Journal, August, 2006.
- Ramadan, A.R, Nadim, A.H, Hazardous Waste Management: Educating Industrial Communities in Egypt, International Conference of Waste Management, Greece, 2006.
- Sarwat, A.; El Kassas, H.I.; Sherif, Y. and Hassan, A.N. (2006) Assessment of Ecological Benefits of Cleaner Production in Arab Abu Saed, south of Helwan, Egypt. Proceedings of the First Global Cleaner Production Conference and Exhibition, “Clean Globe 1”, Cairo, Egypt.
- Frihy, O., Hassan, A., ElSayed, W., Iskander, M. and Sherif, Y., “Best Practice for Environmentally Friendly-designed Coastal Recreational Facilities: Case Studies from the Red Sea of Egypt,” Sea to Sea Second Regional Forum, February 2005.
- Sarwat, A. (2005) Abu Qir Environmental Hot Spot Project: Terrestrial and Freshwater Ecology. Final Report. EEAA – MAP/UNEP
- Ramadan A.R., Nadim, A.H., Hazardous Waste Management In Egypt: Status and Challenges, Second International Conference of Waste Management, Rhodes, Greece, 2004.
- Hamed, M., Hassan, A. N., Sherif, Y., “Risk Assessment of Solid Waste Transportation Across the Nile,” paper presented at 7th National Conference on Environmental Studies and Research, Towards a Better Environment: The Present and the Future. Cairo: 2003.
- Ramadan A.R., Nadim, A.H., Developing a Hazardous Waste Transportation System For Egypt, Proceedings of Environment 2003 Conference, Cairo Egypt 2003.
- Sherif, Y., Abou Elailah, D., “A Refined Methodology for Impact Evaluation,” paper presented at RETBE 02 Conference. Alexandria: 2002.
- Sherif, Y., Abul Azm, A., Abou Elailah, D., “A Proposed Approach To Assessing EIA System Performance in Egypt,” paper presented at IAIA 2002 Conference. Netherlands: 2002
- Ramadan, A.R., Nadim, A.H., Kock, P., Hazardous Waste Management System in Egypt: Options for Ownership and Operation, Proceedings of Environment 2001 Conference, Cairo Egypt 2001
- Sherif, Y., Abou Elailah, D., “Closing the Enforcement Loop: The Need to Formalize Enforcement Policy,” paper presented at Environment 2001 Conference. Cairo: 2001.
- Sherif, Y., Safar, Z., Faramawy, A., Abou Elailah, D., “Environmental Planning of Industrial Estates: A Local Experience,” paper presented at Environment 2001 Conference. Cairo: 2001.
- Sherif Y., N. El Hakim, and N. El Megharbel, “Environment and free trade in the Euro-Mediterranean context: Egypt/EU free trade negotiations, scope of environmental effects,” study prepared for the Blue Plan, and presented at the Conference on Free Trade and Environment and Euro-Mediterranean Context. Montpellier: October 2000.
- Sherif, Y., “Act globally and Think locally, or is it the other way around? Basel convention and the secondary lead smelting industry in Egypt,” paper presented at The XII Conference of the Egyptian Society of Mechanical Engineers. Alexandria: March 1999.
- Sherif, Y., “Deposit-Refund System for Hazardous Waste Management in Egypt,” research paper sponsored by the Center for Environment and Development of the Arab Region and Europe (CEDARE). December, 1998.
- Sherif, Y., “Launching Enforcement Programs through Compliance Action Plans,” paper presented at the Fifth Conference on Environmental Compliance and Enforcement. Monterey, California: November, 1998.
- Sherif, Y., “Which Partnership in a Centralized Urban Management System,” paper presented at the Colloquium on Politiques, Instruments et Acteurs de l’Amenagement Urbain dans le Monde Arabe URBAMA. Tours: 1996.
- Sherif, Y. et al., “The Egyptian Experience in Urban Development Partnership,” paper presented at the UNCHS Habitat II Conference. Istanbul: 1996.
- Sherif, Y., “A Role for the Egyptian Local Administration in the Environmental Transition,” paper presented at The Conference on Environment and Development in Africa. University of Leeds: 1995.
- Sherif, Y., “The Institutional Causes and Effects of Environmental Economics,” (in Arabic), paper presented at The Conference on the Economics of Environment – Mansoura University. Cairo: 1995.
- Sherif, Y. and Medhat Youssef, “A Lead Free Cairo,” paper presented at the International Workshop on Phasing Lead Out of Gasoline. Washington D.C.: 1995.
- Kumar, R. and Yasser Sherif, “Economic Incentives for Pollution Prevention: A case study of coal processing industries, Dhanbad-Bihar-India,” International Institute for Environment and Development Discussion Paper 95-01. London: 1995.
- Sherif, Y., “The Economics of Hospital Waste Management (Towards a policy framework),” paper presented at The Third Pan African Conference on Occupational Health. Cairo: 1994.