- Shaalan, S., R., "Egyptian System for E-waste Management- Case of: Printed Circuit Boards Scrap”, Ph.D. Thesis, Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, 2012.
- Shaalan, S., R., et al., "A Glance at the World: Current status of Egyptian System for E-waste Management", Waste Management, Volume 32, Issue 4, page 789-792, 2012.
- M. H. Hanafy and A. Afifi Gomaa. Marine Protected Areas, Management Guiding Manual (in Arabic), Regional Organization for the Protection of the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden (PERSGA), 2012.
- Elsobky, M.S. and Yasser Sherif, “Competitiveness of Egypt’s Energy Sector,” in Green Egypt: A Vision for Tomorrow, The 7th Egyptian Competitiveness Report, edited by Noha Abdelaziz, 117-157. Cairo: The Egyptian National Competitiveness Council, 2010.
Seventh Report : The Egyptian Competitiveness Report 2010
- Environics (Sherif, Yasser, et al), Sawin, Janet L. and Lisa Mastny, eds. Prospects of the Renewable Energy Sector in Egypt: Focus on Photovoltaics and Wind Energy. Cairo: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) GmbH, 2010.
- Naguib, H. Lessons Learned From Impacts of Current Metro Stations for Guidance to Future Metro Lines, International Conference for Sustainable Development, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 2010.
- Wooders, P., Elsobky, M.S. and Sherif, Y; Clean Energy Investment in Developing Countries: Wind Power in Egypt, the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD), Geneva, 2009.
- Sarwat, A. Interviewed by Community Times magazine on endangered species in Egypt. An article entitled “Endangered” was written based on provided information (September, 2009).
- Guisppe Notarbartolo di Sciara, M. Hanafy, M. Fouda, M. Costa, and A. Gomaa, Co- Author, Spinner dolphin (Stenella longirostris) resting habitat in Samadai Reef (Egypt, Red Sea) protected through tourism management.", Journal of the Marine Biological Association of the United Kingdom, 89:211-216, 2009.
- Ramadan, A.R, and Sherif Y.; Hazardous Waste Management in Egypt, Performance Indicators for Industry, February 2008.
- A. M. Shawkey, and A. Afifi Gomaa, Behaviour of Spinner Dolphin at Sha'ab Samadai, Marsa Alam, Red Sea, Egypt, Egyptian Journal of Biology, Vol. 10, pp 36-41, 2008.
- El Gohary, H. “Social Characteristics of Governmental School Teachers and their Images”, a paper presented to the Thirteenth Annual Symposium of the Department of Sociology, Faculty of Arts, Cairo University, Cairo, November, 2008. (Arabic)
- Hamed, M and Sherif, Y.; Developing a Cleaner Production Strategy for Egypt; Proceedings of the First International Conference on Environmental Research, Technology and Policy, ERTEP; Accra, Ghana; July 2007.
- Shaalan, S., R., "Profitable Environmental Management", Environmental Conference, Cairo, Egypt, 2007.
- Gomaa, Ayman. Wadi El Gemal Biosphere Reserve Nomination File, a Document Submitted to UNESCO Regional Office, Arab MAP, Sharm El Sheikh June 6-9, 2007.
- Gomaa, Ayman. Marine Conservation of the Red Sea, Ten Years of Achievements, 2007.
- El Gohary, H. Full Arabic translation of “Cultural Theory, The Key Concepts”, edited by Andrew Edgar and Peter Sedgwick, Routledge, Key Guides, edited and reviewed by Mohamed El Gohary, National Project of Translation, Higher Council of Culture, Cairo, Egypt, under publishing. (Arabic)
- Sarwat, A.; El Kassas, H.I; Sherif, Y. and Hassan, A.N.; Assessment of Ecological Benefits of Cleaner Production in Arab Abu Saed, south of Helwan, Egypt. Proceedings of the First Global Cleaner Production Conference and Exhibition, “Clean Globe 1”, Cairo, Egypt, September 2006.
- Frihy, O., Hassan, A., ElSayed, W., Iskander, M. and Sherif, Y., A Review of methods for constructing coastal recreational facilities in Egypt Red Sea, published at Ecological Engineering Journal homepage, August, 2006.
- Ramadan, A.R, Nadim, A.H, Hazardous Waste Management: Educating Industrial Communities in Egypt, International Conference of Waste Management, Greece, 2006.
- Shaalan, S., R., “Planning the Environmental landfill for Mega Cities, Case Study- 15th of May Landfill”, M.Sc. Thesis, Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, 2006.
- El Gohary, H. “Applied Studies in Urban Development”, a book published by Dar El Maarefa El Gameeya, Alexandria, 2006. (Arabic)
- El Gohary, H. “Social Deprivation, Concept and Measurement”, a paper prepared for the Twelfth Annual Symposium of the Faculty of Arts, Cairo University, Cairo, April, 2006. (Arabic)
- Frihy, O., Hassan, A., ElSayed, W., Iskander, M. and Sherif, Y., Best Practice for Environmentally Friendly-designed Coastal Recreational Facilities: Case Studies from the Red Sea of Egypt, published at Sea to Sea Second Regional Forum, February 2005.
- Sarwat, A. (2005) Abu Qir Environmental Hot Spot Project: Terrestrial and Freshwater Ecology. Final Report. EEAA – MAP/UNEP.
- El Gohary, H. “Urban Rural Interaction, Symptoms, Problems and Opportunities from the Egyptian Context. The case of Water and Sanitation (WSS) in Greater Cairo Region (GCR), Hanaa El Gohary and Ayman El Hefnawi, a paper presented to the Arab Regional Conference on Urban-Rural Linkages, Ministry of Housing and GOPP, Cairo, December 2005.
- El Gohary, H. “Peri-urban Interface in Egypt”, a paper presented to the Eleventh Annual Symposium of the Department of Sociology, Faculty of Arts, Cairo University, Cairo, May, 2005. (Arabic)
- Ramadan A.R., Nadim, A.H., Hazardous Waste Management In Egypt: Status and Challenges, Second International Conference of Waste Management, Rhodes, Greece, 2004.
- Abou Elailah, D., Fahmy, M., Chaotic Behaviour and Instabilities in Catalytic Reactors and their Impact on Productivity, International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, 2004.
- Gomaa, Ayman, et al. Red Sea Islands between Development and Conservation (in Arabic). Red Sea Governorate Technical Office for Environmental Consultancy (RSTOEC), 2004.
- Gomaa Ayman, New Ideas for Socioeconomic Benefits of Protected Areas-An application on the Red Sea Protectorates (in Arabic), 2004.
- El Gohary, H. “The Culture of Manipulation, a Field Study on Some Types of Informal Settlements in Greater Cairo”, a book published by Center of Social Research and Studies, Cairo University, Cairo, 2004. (Arabic)
- El Gohary, H. “The McDonald’s Society, an Analytical Framework to its Manifestation in our Temporary Life”, a paper presented to the Tenth Annual Symposium of the Department of Sociology, Faculty of Arts, Cairo University, Cairo, May, 2004. (Arabic)
- El Gohary, H. “Instigating Social Sustainability in Urban Development, Towards a Framework for Definition and Measurement”, a paper presented to the Arab Regional Conference on Improving Living Conditions through Sustainable Urban Development, Ministry of Housing and GOPP, Cairo, December 2004. (Arabic)
- Hamed, M., Hassan, A. N., Sherif, Y., Risk Assessment of Solid Waste Transportation Across the Nile, presented at 7th National Conference on Environmental Studies and Research, Towards a Better Environment: The Present and the Future, Cairo, Egypt , 2003.
- Ramadan A.R., Nadim, A.H., Developing a Hazardous Waste Transportation System For Egypt, Proceedings of Environment 2003 Conference, Cairo Egypt 2003.
- El Gohary, H. The Impact of Economic Growth on Poor Men and Women’s Livelihoods in Damietta, Egypt, An Environmental Perspective, Coauthor, DPU, UCL, London, 2003.
- El Gohary, H. “Cleanness Problems in the Egyptian Family, Awareness and Implementation Challenges”, in Egyptian Family and Globalization Challenges, Department of Sociology, faculty of Arts, Cairo University, Cairo, 2003, pp 323-373. (Arabic)
- Sherif, Y., Abou Elailah, D., A Refined Methodology for Impact Evaluation, presented at RETBE 02 Conference, Alexandria, Egypt, 2002.
- Sherif, Y., Abul Azm, A., Abou Elailah, D., A Proposed Approach To Assessing EIA System Performance in Egypt, presented in IAIA 2002 Conference, Netherlands, 2002.
- Sherif, Y., Abou Elailah, D., Closing the Enforcement Loop: The Need to Formalize Enforcement Policy, presented in Environment 2001 Conference, Cairo, Egypt, 2001.
- Sherif, Y., Safar, Z., Faramawy, A., Abou Elailah, D., Environmental Planning of Industrial Estates: A Local Experience, presented in Environment 2001 Conference, Cairo, Egypt, 2001.
- Ramadan, A.R., Nadim, A.H., Kock, P., Hazardous Waste Management System in Egypt: Options for Ownership and Operation, Proceedings of Environment 2001 Conference, Cairo Egypt 2001.
- Gomaa, Ayman. Reviewing the Conservation Element of the Comprehensive Management Plan of the City of Melbourne, Fl. Florida Institute of Technology, 2001.
- Gomaa, Ayman. Using GIS Technology to detect local changes in Inshore Reefs for the City of Hurghada, Red Sea, Egypt. Florida Institute of Technology, 2001.
- Gomaa, Ayman. The City of Marsa Alam, Red Sea, Egypt Coastal Management Plan, Msc. Thesis. Florida Institute of Technology, 2001.
- El Gohary, H. “Socio-cultural Aspects of Water Consumption with Special Attention to the Irrigation Sector”, in Consumptive Society and the Future of Development in Egypt, Department of Sociology, Faculty of Arts, Cairo University, Cairo, 2001, pp 333-358. (Arabic)
- El Gohary, H. “Responses of Egyptian Youth to the Internet, Preliminary Observations”, in Youth and the Future of Egypt, Department of Sociology, Faculty of Arts, Cairo University, Cairo, 2001, pp 425-452. (Arabic)
- Sherif Y., N. El Hakim, and N. El Megharbel; Environment and free trade in the Euro-Mediterranean context: Egypt/EU free trade negotiations, scope of environmental effects, a study prepared for the Blue Plan, and presented to the Conference on Free Trade and Environment and Euro-Mediterranean Context; Montpellier, France, October 2000.
- Gomaa, Ayman. Review of Florida Keys Management Plan. Florida Institute of Technology, 2000.
- Gomaa, Ayman. Sustainable Use of the Great Barrier Reef. Florida Institute of Technology, 2000.
- Gomaa, Ayman. Tsunami, Management of a Crisis. Florida Institute of Technology, 2000.
- Sherif, Y. Act globally and Think locally, or is it the other way around? Basel convention and the secondary lead smelting industry in Egypt; presented to the XII Conference of the Egyptian Society of Mechanical Engineers; Alexandria, Egypt, March 1999.
- Sarwat, A. A survey on threatened wild animals held in captivity or sold in the pet shops of Alexandria, Egypt. Alexandria Regional Branch Office, Egyptian Environmental Affairs Agency, Alexandria, Egypt, 1999.
- Elnashaie S.S., Abou Elailah, D., Hazardous Waste Management in the Pharmaceutical Industry, presented at the 8th International Conference on Management of Technology (IAMOT), Cairo, 1999.
- El Gohary, H. “Sustainable Livelihoods: Towards a Comprehensive Approach for Poverty Alleviation”, in Poverty in Egypt: Roots, Consequences and Confrontation Strategies, Department of Sociology, Faculty of Arts, Cairo University, Cairo, 1999, pp 471-506. (Arabic)
- El Gohary, H. “Urban Poor Between Adaptive and Survival Mechanisms, A Vision into the Egyptian National Character”, in Egyptian Personality in a Changing World, Department of Sociology, Faculty of Arts, Cairo University, Cairo, 1999, pp 219-258. (Arabic)
- Sherif, Y.; Deposit-Refund System for Hazardous Waste Management in Egypt; Research paper sponsored by the Center for Environment and Development of the Arab Region and Europe (CEDARE); December 1998.
- Sherif, Y.; Launching Enforcement Programs through Compliance Action Plans; presented at the Fifth Conference on Environmental Compliance and Enforcement; Monterey, California, U.S.A.; November 1998.
- El Gohary, H. “Social Reform”, in Egypt Development Report, Center for the Study of Developing Countries, Faculty of Economics and Political Science, Cairo University, Cairo, 1998. (Arabic)
- El Gohary, H. “Women’s Political Participation and Public Life”, in Women and Society, the Sociological Perspective (Ed), Alexandria, Dar El Maarefa El Gameia, 1998, pp.109-152. (Arabic)
- El Gohary, H. “The Quality of Life in Urban Pockets in Giza Governorate”, in Sociology and Social Problems (Ed), Alexandria, Dar El Maarefa El Gameia, 1998, pp.133-157. (Arabic)
- Sarwat, A. Méthodes de rétablissement des stocks de ouananiches (Salmo salar) du lac Saint-Jean au Québec: enseignements pour la gestion des ressources piscicoles des lagunes côtières du Nord de l’Egypte [Restoring methods of landlocked salmon (Salmo salar) stocks of lake Saint-Jean in Quebec: Findings for fish resources management of Northern Egypt coastal lagoons] Mémoire de DEPA, 1997, Département Gestion de l’Environnement, Université Senghor, 1997.
- Sarwat, A. and Baumer, M. Exemples d’application de l’agroforesterie dans la zone de Bangar El-Sokkar, à l’Ouest d’Alexandrie, Egypte [Examples of agroforestry application in the area of Bangar El-Sokkar, west of Alexandria, Egypt]. Supervised by Dr. Michel Baumer, former Principal Research Officer at the International Center for Research in Agroforestry (ICRAF), Nairobi, Kenya (unpublished), 1997.
- El Gohary, H. “Some Measurement Problems in Social Studies, Realistic Models and Applied Solutions”, in Contemporary Methodological Issues in Sociology and Anthropology, Department of Sociology, Faculty of Arts, Cairo University, Cairo, 1997, pp 245-274. (Arabic)
- El Gohary, H. “Quality of Life, the Objective and Subjective Elements,” in Self and Society in Egypt, Department of Sociology, Faculty of Arts, Cairo University, Cairo, 1997, pp. 71-96. (Arabic)
- El Gohary, H. “Arab Women and Political Participation,” in Arab Women in Public Life, Cairo, Ibn Khaldoun Center for Developmental Studies, Dar Al Amin, 1997, pp. 217-314. (Arabic)
- Sherif, Y.; Which Partnership in a Centralized Urban Management System; presented at the Colloquium on Politiques, Instruments et Acteurs de l’Amenagement Urbain dans le Monde Arabe URBAMA, Tours, France, 1996.
- Sherif, Y. et al.; The Egyptian Experience in Urban Development Partnership; presented at the UNCHS Habitat II Conference; Istanbul, Turkey; 1996.
- El-Sabh, M. and Sarwat, A. Sources de pollution anthropique en Méditerranée: le cas d’Alexandrie, Egypte [Sources of anthropogenic pollution in the Mediterranean Sea: the case of Alexandria, Egypt]. Proceedings of the International Conference “ Coastal Zone Canada ‘96 ” (CZC ‘96) Rimouski, Quebec (Canada), 1996.
- El Gohary, H. “Public Employees in the Informal Sector in Egypt,” in The Informal Sector in Urban Egypt, Cairo, The National Center for Criminal and Social Research’s publications, 1996, pp.173-207. (Arabic)
- El Gohary, H.The Quality of Life in Urban Pockets, A Case Study of an Urban Pocket in Giza Governorate, a paper presented to the International Union for the Scientific Study of Population (IUSSP) in the Arab Regional Population Conference, Cairo, 8-12 December 1996, under publication. (English)
- El Gohary, H.The Elements of the Egyptian Partnership Experience in Urban Development, Local Initiative for Urban Environment, LIFE Programme, Egypt, UNDP, June 1996. (English and Arabic)
- El Gohary, H. “The Specificity of Arab Experience in Social Development,” in Western Methodology in Human and Social Studies on Arab Countries and Turkey, Tunisia, Tamimi Foundation for Scientific Research and Information, 1996, pp.45-67. (Arabic)
- El Gohary, H. “Businessmen in Egypt, the Role and Responsibility,” in Structural Adjustment in Egypt, the Social Aspects, Cairo, Cairo University, Faculty of Arts' Publications, 1996, pp.261-279. (Arabic)
- Sherif, Y.; A role for the Egyptian Local Administration in the Environmental transition; presented at the Conference on Environment and Development in Africa of the University of Leeds, UK; 1995
- Sherif, Y.; The Institutional Causes and Effects of Environmental Economics (in Arabic); presented at the Conference on the Economics of Environment of the University of Mansoura, Cairo, Egypt; 1995.
- Sherif, Y. and Medhat Youssef; A Lead Free Cairo; presented at the International Workshop on Phasing Lead Out of Gasoline; Washington D.C., USA; 1995.
- Kumar, R. and Yasser Sherif; Economic Incentives for Pollution Prevention: A case study of coal processing industries, Dhanbad-Bihar-India; International Institute for Environment and Development Discussion Paper 95-01, London, UK; 1995.
- El Gohary, H. “Random Growth as a Manifestation of Overurbanization in Cairo City, a Case Study of Manshiat Nasser,” in The Egyptian Society within the Global System, Cairo, Cairo University, Faculty of Arts’ Publications, 1995, pp. 379-409. (Arabic)
- Sherif, Y.; The Economics of Hospital Waste Management (Towards a policy framework); presented at the Third Pan African Conference on Occupational Health, Cairo, Egypt; 1994.
- El Gohary, H. “The Variables of Physical and Social Environment in Quality of Life, in Environment and the Society, Socio and Anthropological Field Studies (Ed), Alexandria, Dar El Maarefa El Gameia, 1994, pp. 177-154. (Arabic)
- El Gohary, H. “The Role of Economic Variables in Forming the Quality of Life,” in Economy and the Society, the Sociological Prospective (Ed), Alexandria, Dar El Maarefa El Gameia, 1994, pp. 183-248. (Arabic)
- El Gohary, H. “Quality of Life in Cairo City, Measurements and Results,” in Studies in Urban Sociology (Ed), Alexandria, Dar El Maarefa El Gameia, 1994, pp. 349-395. (Arabic)
- El Gohary, H. “Urban Deterioration and the Quality of Life,” in Qudrerni Di Bioetica E Cultura, Facolta Di Sicilia Istituto Siciliano Di Bioetica, 1992, pp. 137-148. (English)
- El Gohary, H. “Additional Informal Work of Government Employees,” in Almanar, vol. 64, 1990. (Arabic)
- Sarwat, A. Comparative study of the urinogenital system of Chordates, B.Sc. Essay, Faculty of Science, Alexandria University, 1987.