- BG Egypt was conducting seismic acquisition and shooting in its fields offshore al-Burg and al-Manzala, north of Damietta. This necessitated social appraisal and on-ground consultation to identify the affected stakeholder groups. The assignment comprised Social Impact Assessment, with the main objective of establishing a social baseline for the project’s area.
- Collection and review of secondary data, which covered the relevant statistics, technical reports, and studies.
- Walkthroughs; field observations; photography; key informant interviews, and focus group discussions to collect primary data.
A Community Mapping and Consultation Report presenting the findings of the studies and surveys. The report comprised:
- Description of the local context, detailing the relevant information on Damietta Governorate, particularly the areas to be impacted by the project. The description covered location and administrative jurisdiction; population; employment; economic activities, and health services.
- Mapping of the stakeholders, which identified the primary and secondary stakeholders, as well as other pressure groups.
- Presentation of the major findings and recommendations that ensure proper communication, involvement and engagement of the stakeholders, key players, and local community.