“Hybridization of Existing Thermal Power Stations with Solar Collection Fields,” which:
- Investigated the development of electricity generation with less fuel through integrating solar fields into existing thermal power plants.
- Reviewed international experience in hybridizing the conventional power plants with Concentrated Solar Power (CSP).
- Forecasted the fuel supply needs based on the current and expansion plans of conventional power plants till 2022, and assessed the most suitable CSP technology for harvesting additional power or reducing fuel consumption.
- Identified modular implementations based on modular plant designs, and provided techno-economical assessment of the implementation modules.
- Included a marginal environmental impact evaluation for the hybridization approach, which assessed the marginal cost and the operational advantages and challenges.
- Reviewed the current institutional setup and legislative framework for such proposed supply of electrical energy, assessed its potential implementation scheme, and proposed an implementation program to adopt it.