The Egyptian Propylene and Polypropylene Company (EPPC) needed to construct an overhead power transmission line to deliver electricity to their facility from the main grid towers located on Damietta – Port Said Main Road. Five transmission towers were required to connect the facility to the existing power grid.
The proposed line was to cross over a section of lake Manzala. EPPC contracted Environics to:
– Review and assess the proposed tower locations and power line routing
– Prepare an EIA – Category B study satisfying the requirements of the Egyptian Environmental Affairs Agency (EEAA)
Environics reviewed all the relevant documents and carried out field visits to prepare the Category B ESIA study for the project, which comprised:
– Detailed description of construction works required for the completion of the proposed project;
– Description of the aquatic environment at Lake Manzala;
– Proposed mitigation measures for preventing or minimizing potential impacts associated with the proposed works; and,
– An Environmental Monitoring Plan (EMP) to account for the duration of the construction phase.