On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), InWEnt was running the project “Environmental Management in Arab Countries” from 2005 to 2008.
In the framework of this project, an “Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Regional Seminar” was planned for the Alumni of the long-term training program in Germany. Environics was requested to prepare and deliver this seminar.
Environics adopted a participatory approach that involved practical examples, group exercises and discussions, and the involvement of EEAA personnel. The seminar achieved its objectives, which were to:
– Upgrade the professional skills of the program alumni in relation to EIAs.
– Support the transfer of knowledge of the participants by direct exchange of experiences in the field of preparing an EIA within the Arab region.
The Seminar presented and discussed the following topics:
– EIA, Environmental Management and Sustainable Development
– Types and Levels of Environmental Assessment
– EIA Legislative Framework; International, Regional, National
– Roles and Responsibilities of Different Stakeholders in EIA process
– Stages of EIA Preparation
– EIA in the Arab World