Kafr El Zayat Fertilizers Plant
- The Egyptian Financial and Industrial Company (EFIC) commissioned Environics to prepare a Scoped (B) EIA study for the proposed improvement projects in Kafr El Zayat Fertilizers plant. The improvements were to take place in two current fertilizers units (Soft and Granulated) under the EPAP III project, and included replacement of old equipment with more advanced ones, and addition of new equipment for technology development and emission reduction and the improvement of the environmental performance of these units.
- The study described the project, which entailed upgrading the two units and the Fertilizers production processes, presented the relevant legal framework; studied the baseline environment; investigated the project alternatives; assessed the project impacts and recommended mitigation measures, as well as provided a framework for the environmental management and monitoring plan.
- A mathematical modeling was carried out to identify impacts of air pollutants on receptors nearby the site before and after implementing the proposed projects.
Mankabad Fertilizers Plant, Assiut
- Environics prepared an EIA study (Form-B) for the renovation of the Sulfuric Acid Production Unit (250 Tons/Day), within the Egyptian Pollution Abatement Project (EPAP III). The proposed project encompassed changing and replacing some of the existing components and the addition of new components to the unit to improve operational efficiency, performance and environmental compliance.
- The study included: general information about the project, a description of the project area (baseline environment), activities and different phases. It also presented the proposed alternatives to the project site, and listed the environmental laws, regulations and requirements and the maximum limits of pollutants relevant to the proposed project.
- Moreover, potential environmental impacts were assessed, and proper mitigation measures were recommended. A Mathematical dispersion modeling was also carried out to measure the expected and current air pollutants dispersed from the project stacks. The Environmental Management & Monitoring Plan was provided as well.